Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mrs. West's Birthday Surprise

Yes, it's true. Mrs. West had yet another birthday. It happens every year (she can't seem to figure out how to stop them!).

My birthday is on April 14th, and even though I had told Mrs. Riddle that I was not very excited about this one, she knows birthdays are something to celebrate. So, there were tulips on my desk:
and a lovely cake for all of us to share - and decorated with my favorite theme: summer and the beach! Mrs. Riddle also knows I love flip-flops and the ones on the cake were magnets! So cute! (They now reside on my refrigerator at home.)
Then, to my absolute surprise, Matt came in with a beautiful homemade cake his grandma had made for my special day! Matt said it was butter pecan, and we found out it was oh-so-delicious!!!
Several of the kids made cards for me throughout the day, as well. It sure was nice to celebrate my birthday with Mrs. Riddle and 20 of my favorite kids! :)

If you're curious as to how old I now am, just ask one of the kids. (But don't believe them if they tell you anything beyond 28!)

No comments: